Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Neck, My Back

So I came home after work, made dinner and got to finishing Helene's pattern. I did it in about an hour and a half, and my back hurts from leaning over my tiny table in my living room. Helene is my best friend's cousin. My best friend is Beth. Beth's getting married in September, and not only have I been asked to make the bridesmaid's dresses, but I've been asked to be a bride's maid. I feel unbelievably honored. Anyway, I really have to focus on this project because I only have a month left. I wanted to make her a board too, with sketches and swatches - just like in school.

Right now I'm sprawled out on my couch with the Olympics as my background noise, trying to recap my day. I think about so much all day while I'm at work. I think about my hair, my clothes, things (objects) I want to paint, clothes I want to make, stuff that would be funny if it existed, food I should and shouldn't be eating, wondering what other people are doing...and why I can't have a summer vacation. I'm hoping after these dresses are finished, I can start working on things and displaying them here.



My desk looks a lot like my apartment right now.


But looking at my apartment, you'd think I'm busier than I actually am. I just start things and then leave them set up so it reminds me to work on it. It's quite embarrassing at this time.


One of my next "goals" is to get to the eye doctor and get new prescription lenses in these vintage Cazal frames I bought in the beginning of the summer. I haven't been able to wear them because they don't even have non-prescription lenses in them. I wore them once on the 4th of July. No one has any sort of documentation of that night - of any kind. The one night I'd like to have pictures of, and no one brought a camera. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on when I get the lenses.


This has got to be one of the most boring posts ever.

No comments: