Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apparently I'm an Artist.




I didn't do any work yesterday.
I spec'd about 8 garments, and 5 for Olive, and I don't know what I did in between.
It's all Basquiat's fault.
I googled him because I used to love his art, and I haven't really been thinking about art as much as I used to.
After I revisited his paintings via google images, I couldn't think of anything else but going home and making art.
I can't get him out of my head.
I keep forgetting I graduated from art school with honors....yes, for fashion design, but before college I was painting all the time. It was my paintings and drawings that got me into art school in the first place.
So I went home and made art last night.
Fun art.
And I didn't want to stop.
It felt awesome.

I think this is what's going to save me.

No comments: