Monday, November 23, 2009

The Boyfriend.

Maybe it's just me - or the fact that I work in the fashion industry, but everyone's been talking about the "boyfriend look". We have the boyfriend cardigan, the boyfriend jean, the boyfriend t shirt, the boyfriend sweatpant, and I'm pretty sure we also have some kind of boyfriend jacket.
I think it takes a certain type of girl to be able to pull this look off successfully, and she has to be skinny and ridiculously good looking.
Skinny because in order to wear most of the "boyfriend" styles, you can't have much shape to your body. Everything's baggy. It's not cute if you're curvy or thick in the slightest.
Ridiculously good looking because there needs to be some sort of balance if you're going to appear to be bumming it - or to pull off looking like you borrowed your boyfriend's clothes. It really takes a special kind of girl to look good when wearing over-sized sweatpants.
I had to get rid of my favorite sweatpants. They were little boys' sweatpants I got at Conway when I was sick. Not only were they cheap, but they fit really well and they were comfy.
I would call them a boyfriend sweatpant but better because they were slimmer. I miss them.
I hope to someday get to the point where I can pull off looking like I just rolled out of bed and threw on my boyfriend's clothes. Until then, I'll just look like I rolled out of bed and threw on my own clothes.
I wish I had a visual for this post. I hate it when there's no picture.

1 comment:

Aidyl said...

I am sometimes wearing my boyfriends clothes and I think it doesnt look anything like the "boyfriend look". lol
Seems I'm not that type of girl either. Haha~