Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Water Ice and Soft Pretzels

This is the tomato plant that my landlord has been growing out front of our building. It's quite hideous and the tomatoes are really small. I think it's dying. It's actually pretty embarrassing. It's taking over the entire front of the house....and I certainly wouldn't eat those tomatoes.
I was heading to Philly on Saturday to meet with Beth, her sister Adele, and their cousin Helene to do wedding stuff. Someone wrote this on a blank sign down in the subway by my apartment. I don't think God would want people to pretend they're Him and write things like this. Then again, I haven't read John 16, so I don't know what it means.


When I got to Philly, I had a while before I had to meet with Beth. Since I had to meet her on fabric row, I walked around there and South St for a while. I never really get to do that anymore, and since that area was basically my high school hangout (and some of college) it was nice to re-visit.

I remember this place, but I don't remember it being on the street I found it on. I like it because it matches my nails right now.


It's so weird, but life really does go on without you. This is not the South St I know. It's much cleaner and there aren't any trees anymore. I remember those trees that everybody used to stick their gum to. They're not there anymore. The stores are the same for the most part, but it seems like there's a lot more sidewalk or something.


I miss Rita's terribly. A few weekends ago I was home and I got a gelati with wild black cherry water ice and chocolate custard. It was heavenly. haha The sign is telling the truth.

We used to go to Rita's every year on the first day of spring because they give out free water ice. So awesome.

My favorite water ice place though is Pop's in south Philly. My mom mom used to take my cousins, my sister and me there all the time every summer when we were growing up. I always got lemon, although I hated that it had pieces of lemon in it. I always stuck them to the inside of the cup. hahahaha

The best thing to go with water ice is a soft pretzel with spicy mustard. I miss it so much. I really do.

This made me sad because it if were my bike, I know I'd be devastated. And it's locked up in the front and back...but that doesn't matter. :(

This car is like a matchbox car. I <3>


...To be continued.....

No comments: