Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

It's my dad's birthday.
Every year around my dad's birthday/Thanksgiving, one of his best friends, Paul, has some party in Philly.
My dad usually goes and has drinks, but I don't think he went last year and I highly doubt he's going this year.
I talked to my dad yesterday and he had the usual to talk about: tv and crazy people he knows from Frankford.
He did, however, have something to tell me that made me a little happy and made me feel like there's some hope...
He's on this committee through his "group" that he goes to and he's organized an open mic night for the other members. He's going to host it. I think it will be really good for him.
He also told me that he's back at the hardware store where he used to work. He's only working a few hours a day, but it's better than nothing.

(Paul)

PS. I OD'd on cookies last night.

No comments: